Add logging?

Dec 7, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Should we add logging into the library? e.g. log4net

I've found to debug some issues logging has been really useful, but then I've removed it all before committing. 

We could toggle logging on off via a compiler switch (DEBUG?) maybe so as not affect performance at all in release.

Thoughts?

Dec 19, 2012 at 12:50 PM

I'm good with that, seeing as we are the only two active developers.

This seems like an interesting, low cost approach.

http://devlicio.us/blogs/rob_reynolds/archive/2012/12/15/introducing-this-log.aspx

Dec 19, 2012 at 2:02 PM
That looks pretty cool. I'd prefer log4net as the underlying logger (which is what he show in his gist anyway). Do you fancy doing it? Or I am happy to.

On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 12:51 PM, RyanONeill1970 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I'm good with that, seeing as we are the only two active developers.

This seems like an interesting, low cost approach.

http://devlicio.us/blogs/rob_reynolds/archive/2012/12/15/introducing-this-log.aspx

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (ExcelDataReader@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email ExcelDataReader@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Dec 19, 2012 at 2:20 PM
Edited May 2, 2013 at 2:59 PM
Happy for you to. On 19 December 2012 14:02, Ian1971 <<notifications@codeplex.com> wrote: From: Ian1971 That looks pretty cool. I'd prefer log4net as the underlying logger (which is what he show in his gist anyway). Do you fancy doing it? Or I am happy to. On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 12:51 PM, RyanONeill1970 <<notifications@codeplex.com> wrote: From: RyanONeill1970 I'm good with that, seeing as we are the only two active developers. This seems like an interesting, low cost approach. http://devlicio.us/blogs/rob_reynolds/archive/2012/12/15/introducing-this-log.aspx Read the full discussion online. To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (ExcelDataReader@discussions.codeplex.com) To start a new discussion for this project, email ExcelDataReader@discussions.codeplex.com You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com. Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com Read the full discussion online. To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (ExcelDataReader@discussions.codeplex.com) To start a new discussion for this project, email ExcelDataReader@discussions.codeplex.com You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com. Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com -- __________________________________________________________________________