2.1 Beta release?

Jan 17, 2013 at 12:33 PM

There have been a lot of changes and fixes recently to the project. In particular Open Office generated excel binary files should now work. I would like to propose that we create a new release for download (called 2.1 beta ?).

This will then make it more obvious to people discovering the project that things are now happening and also make it less likely that they download the (now quite old) 2.0.1.0 release and end up raises the same bugs that have been fixed.

It also gives us an opportunity to get a wider variety of files tested in the field to make sure that the open office piece is working acceptably.

Thoughts?

Ian

Jan 17, 2013 at 12:35 PM

I agree. You've been hacking through this stuff and I think I've barely contributed anything.

What would you like me to do?

Jan 17, 2013 at 12:44 PM
Well, as we seem to be the only 2 active devs on this project, I'll take that as unanimous ;-)

Re - what can you do to help more. I would say cherry pick stuff from the issue list or some of the submitted patches. If you have a way of generating non business sensitive SQL Server reporting reports that would be really useful to test if they work, as I have no SSRS generated files to test with (I have made a change that should help but it definitely needs a thorough unit test).

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 12:36 PM, RyanONeill1970 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I agree. You've been hacking through this stuff and I think I've barely contributed anything.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (ExcelDataReader@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email ExcelDataReader@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jan 17, 2013 at 2:00 PM
Ok, I created the release.

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 12:44 PM, Ian Cox <ian1971@gmail.com> wrote:
Well, as we seem to be the only 2 active devs on this project, I'll take that as unanimous ;-)

Re - what can you do to help more. I would say cherry pick stuff from the issue list or some of the submitted patches. If you have a way of generating non business sensitive SQL Server reporting reports that would be really useful to test if they work, as I have no SSRS generated files to test with (I have made a change that should help but it definitely needs a thorough unit test).

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 12:36 PM, RyanONeill1970 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (ExcelDataReader@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email ExcelDataReader@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com