Will there be support for Windows Store apps which runs on WinRT platform

Jan 25, 2013 at 1:36 PM

Hi , I tried the source and binaries which are not compatible with the WinRT platform.

I like to know is there any support for the same in future.

Developer
Jan 25, 2013 at 3:49 PM

I've not even tried the code on WinRT but I can't see why it would not work. Is there a specific issue such as an API not being present on RT?

Jan 27, 2013 at 10:19 AM
Edited Jan 27, 2013 at 10:21 AM

I am using VS 2012 Express for Windows 8 which is compatible only for Windows Store apps. I tried to use the source but it was incompatible  (failed to load in VS) , tried on using the .dll binaries too .(I am not sure how to refer them)..

I got stuck at this point . Let me know if some one could able to use this for developing Windows Store apps.

Developer
Jan 27, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Could you expand on the 'not compatible' bit such as an error message? It might be that the main project will load but the tests won't as I don't think they are supported in VS Express. So perhaps just try adding the .csproj for the main project to your solution.

It is only a class project so should load for any .Net type.

Jan 28, 2013 at 10:20 AM
Edited Jan 28, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Hi , 

I tried to add the "Excel4.0"  project located at "2.1.beta.src\Excel"  to my working solution .VS shows an error dialog stating "This edition of Visual Studio only supports Windows store apps" and declined the add project operation.

On Clicking "Help" on the same dialog will open the below link in the browser.

MoreInformation - Help

I am using Windows 8 Pro  & Visual Studio 2012 Express for Windows 8

Developer
Jan 28, 2013 at 10:25 AM
Do you have the same problem with the .net 2 framework project "excel.csproj"?

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 10:20 AM, rajmohank <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi ,

I tried to add the "Excel4.0" project located at "2.1.beta.src\Excel" to my working solution .VS shows an error dialog stating "This edition of windows only supports windows store apps"

On Clicking "Help" on the same dialog will open the below link in the browser.

#mce_temp_url#

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (ExcelDataReader@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email ExcelDataReader@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jan 28, 2013 at 11:30 AM

Yes . The same issue exists in .net 2 framework for me .

I am using Windows 8 Pro  & Visual Studio 2012 Express for Windows 8

Developer
Jan 28, 2013 at 11:34 AM
Starting with a clean solution, does it allow you to add a new c# class library?

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 11:30 AM, rajmohank <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Yes . The same issue exists in .net 2 framework for me .

I am using Windows 8 Pro & Visual Studio 2012 Express for Windows 8

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (ExcelDataReader@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email ExcelDataReader@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jan 28, 2013 at 11:48 AM
Edited Jan 28, 2013 at 11:58 AM

Ya it allows , More over I have used many C# class libraries as part of my project . One to mention is winrtxamltoolkit.codeplex.com & few were created by me .

Have u tried using the library in VS 2012 for Windows 8 

Developer
Jan 28, 2013 at 4:16 PM
What versions of .net framework are they targetting? client profile or not?

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 11:48 AM, rajmohank <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Ya it allows , More over I have used many C# class libraries as part of my project . One to mention is winrtxamltoolkit.codeplex.com & few were created by me .

Jan 29, 2013 at 5:00 AM

where can i get the information regarding the target framework  & client profile .

Developer
Jan 29, 2013 at 8:50 AM

I've updated the project type guids for the class project and installed VS 2012 express here. Managed to load it now but it complains about .Net 4.0 not being on my machine (it is though, I use it for other development). I didn't want to go any further and install a 'store' version of 4.0, so are you able to test the new project type?

The tests still won't load, but they all pass.

Developer
Jan 29, 2013 at 8:51 AM

I should note that the new project type guids still work with VS 2012 standard and all tests pass.

Jan 29, 2013 at 2:32 PM

I hope the problem with VS 2012 Express for Windows Store apps . It only supports the Store version projects . Thanks for the effort you put on to resolve the issue.

I will give a try  to make it compatible and let you know if I face issues.