Open Project issue

Mar 8, 2013 at 7:21 PM
Edited Mar 8, 2013 at 8:23 PM
Hello,

I am having an issue when opening up the solution from source.

Originally I was having an issue where the CreateBinaryReader was crashing with .xls files with the "parameter: offset" error.

I was looking through the issue tracker and had found that the Ian had possibly fixed this issue with changeset 82754. So I downloaded that changeset.

When attempting to open the solution, the Excel.4.0 project fails to load for me. I looked at the project file and found two project types and looked them up. One looks like C#, the other however, I've only found on the internet as possibly "Windows Store Apps (Metro Apps)". This leads me to believe that I need to open this in VS2012?

The computer I'm on only has 2005 and 2010, however the Test project opened up fine.

So, do I need to use 2012 or is there some other project type that I need to install for this?

EDIT: Also, I was in need of using this in a 2.0 project, will the new releases still allow for this? I just ask I see the "4.0" part in the project name.

EDIT2: I just opened up the solution file and saw these few lines. I heard this sometimes happens when the app was originally a different version. I guess I'll wait until I get home to open it with my 2012.

Microsoft Visual Studio Solution File, Format Version 11.00
'# Visual Studio 2010'

Thanks in advance.
Developer
Mar 8, 2013 at 8:43 PM
The 2.0 version is still supported and maintained. I noticed myself the 4.0 issue you describe. I think someone must have converted it a metro format and checked it in by mistake as I can't open it myself now either.