Problem with decimal numbers

Jun 26, 2013 at 1:51 PM
Here in Croatia, we have it all backwards and the decimal separator is a point (.), not a comma (,)
Is it possible to correct this? Since when i import data from excel, numbers like 500,50 are imported as 5005.00
Developer
Jun 26, 2013 at 1:58 PM
I'm slightly confused. What are you expecting 500,50 to come out as? If Croatia uses point (.) as decimal separator (same as here in UK) then this doesn't look like a number at all, what is the comma (,) signifying?
Jun 26, 2013 at 3:21 PM
Sorry for my mistake. The rest of the world uses a point and here in Croatia, we use a comma.
if cell contains a numeric value 500,50 (regardless of its formatting - text or numeric), on import, i get 5005
when i replace the value with 500.50, on import i get the correct value.

It would be super if an option to select decimal separator existed.
Developer
Jun 27, 2013 at 8:59 PM
It should determine it from the format of the cell in excel. So this sounds like a bug. You can raise an issue. I am very busy at the moment though and will be for a few weeks at least so I won't be able to take a look at it. If you are brave you can grab the source, add a unit test for your sheet and see if you can figure it out!
Aug 12, 2013 at 1:59 PM
Hi,

I am not from Croatia, but in my country decimal separator is comma too. :) Cell format in my Excel is general. I added this line to my code: System.Threading.Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture = System.Globalization.CultureInfo.InvariantCulture;