Looking for more flexible overloaded methods in exceldatareader tool

Dec 24, 2014 at 9:15 AM
Edited Dec 24, 2014 at 9:17 AM
I am using this tool to read Excel file for one of my requirements. In the beginning when we decided to yous this Tool (https://exceldatareader.codeplex.com)

We really didn't face any issues to use it. But later I come-up with a new requirements like:
  1. we need to pass the file stream to one of these method :
   // .xlsx
    IExcelDataReader reader = ExcelReaderFactory.CreateOpenXmlReader(file.InputStream);
or
    // .xls
    IExcelDataReader reader = ExcelReaderFactory.CreateBinaryReader(file.InputStream); 
by this way we are getting loaded with all the Sheets available in Excel file at once.

Query 1: The issues I had with the exceldatareader is that it reads all the worksheets.
Do we have any out to specify any specific sheet name or Index (lets say first sheet from excel file when excel is holding more then one sheets), we need to load only given sheet to Data-set with single table holding data for one sheet.

Query 2: If the work sheet does not start with A1, the data table doesn’t look right as follows.
Do we have any option to specify the origin point in the sheet to read any predefined row/column definition.

for example : There is a table in the sheet which starts from D:10 to K:10

something like this: overloaded method we may create
// .xlsx 
IExcelDataReader reader = ExcelReaderFactory.CreateOpenXmlReader(file.InputStream, "Sheet Name" or "Index of Sheet", "originpoint ex:(D:10 , K:10)" );
or
 // .xls
IExcelDataReader reader = ExcelReaderFactory.CreateBinaryReader(file.InputStream, "Sheet Name" or "Index of Sheet", "originpoint ex:(D:10 , K:10)" ); 
Please Suggest, Thanks :)

Regards
Rahul